Rubbish Chuck Rubbish (n.) debris, junk, nonsense Chuck (v.) to throw, hurl or pitch away.
HOWEVER, Some of you prefer to self-haul. Please be aware of our rules... sorry we just have to have them. Otherwise, we get blamed for incidents that are clearly out of our control... i.e. careening drivers, baby huey furniture movers or nearly blind great-grandma packing techniques.
- Bring your own special packing blankets/pads and long straps. We do not supply them... but the delivery service does.
- Please inspect your goods carefully before our guys load. We know the stuff is perfect... but we don't want you to get home and find otherwise.
- We are NOT responsible for how you haul. So if you drive like a bat out of hades; the condition of your goods may reflect this. Or, if you throw the stuff off the back of your truck onto gravel it no doubt is gonna look like you did. Don't stop for a "bite to eat" either... especially if it is raining. Actually hauling furniture in inclement weather is STUPID and will result in very unfortunate condition issues.
Finally, if you arrive home to find the item has totally dislodged itself and gone flying... aw... shucks. But too bad. Next time you will use our excellent furniture contractor that does a great job each and every day.
In conclusion, a heads up that you are coming to load is good. But you still may have to wait once you arrive. Our guys are quick, but we sell lots and sometimes 50 of you show up at the same to load out... plan on yapping with Aunt Laurie for a bit that day!
Rubbish Chuck Rubbish (n.) debris, junk, nonsense Chuck (v.) to throw, hurl or pitch away
It’s summer fun time at Laurie’s, which means you need to brace yourself for two things.
The first is the super-cool, beachy keen décor we have kicking around the store.
The second is the super-corny language we’re going to use to sell you on this stuff. Those who are particularly acute will have already noticed we slipped in our first instance with “beachy keen.”
In any event, if you’re ready for both, then you’re ready to check out a wave of reasons you want some of this beachy décor from Laurie’s.
You don’t have to get crabby if you’re anchored in the house. Yeah, we know. Work. Kids. Clogged garbage disposals. Sometimes it can be tough to head out to the beach. Now you don’t have to. The beach comes to you!
It brings back childhood memories. Unless you were raised in a landlocked zone somewhere in Antarctica, you probably spent at least part of your childhood summers at a shore somewhere. Even the smallest piece of driftwood art can bring back a massive tide of fond memories.
Shells rock. They can also make for some amazing art. And we're not talking shell jewelry she sells by the seashore. We're talking about the ocean of options you get when you use shells on stuff like chandeliers.
No swampy mess. Forget sandy footprints, muddy foyers and drenched towels draped on the furniture. Our beachy décor gives you the splash of benefits without the sweeping, mopping or spot-cleaning that’s normally involved after a trip to the shore.
Giving your home a beachy boost can make every day a mini-vacation. Ride the tide down to Laurie’s today!
Come meet the beautifully brilliant Aidan Gray at our upcoming Rubbish Chuck Tent Event.
- When: Thursday, June 26 & Friday, June 27 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: Out in our yard, of course
- Why: Because he’ll light up your life! (Sorry, we just couldn’t help ourselves.)
Many of you already know Aidan Gray. He’s bright. He’s illuminating. He compliments everything. Heck, you may have already invited him into your home.
Here’s your chance to invite more Aidan Gray Lighting into every nook, cranny, crevice and ceiling beam. A whole tent full of lighting fixtures with prices so low they’ll make you scream (in a good way). See you there!